ONE STOP for FREE TRAFFIC RESOURCES ONLINE
Bookmark This Page Now!
We'll Show You Where to Advertise for FREE
Classified Ads may be 'old school'... but they STILL WORK!
We started with free classified ads and continue to use them every day. We are always looking for optimal methods to help you bring more quality visitors to your site.
The methods listed here are the actual methods we use to build our traffic...and we wanted to put them all in one place to make it easy for you to find the resources you need to build your business faster. You should bookmark this site and return often, as we update this website regularly.
We think the featured programs are well worth you trying out as well.
Many of you are here looking for free classified ad sites to post in. You can find a comprehensive list in the Free Ad Directory section.
How To Get More Sales From Classified Ad Sites
We’ve been doing business online since 2003 providing free and low cost advertising alternatives to people like you who are promoting a business or opportunity online.
You may not have considered using free classified ads, but we’ve been using them to build our traffic and sales since 2003, with great success. Here are a few quick tips that may help you sell more using free classified ads...
You may not realize it, but free classified ads allow you to get super targeted traffic to your sales page. You just need to know how to do it. So, how do you get the targeted traffic? Here’s a couple of ideas for you… if you’re selling an opportunity in health improvement, you would place an ad in the BizOpps/Health category. Or, if you're selling ebooks for business opps, you’d place an ad in the BizOpps/Ebook category. You get the picture?
You need to test headlines and ad content to see which ones pull better. A few free classified ad sites allow you to post multiple ads, so you can test out which ones work best for you.
Many free classified ad sites get indexed by the major search engines and the best classified ad sites will get indexed almost instantly by Google. If you’re just starting, this really helps you get your site indexed quickly without endless hours of posting ads.
Free classified ads are a great way to get any new affiliate or downline member started in promoting their sales page right away so that they can make sales faster. Many network marketing companies today have a back office with classified ad links for members to use. Some even require members to post every day. One well known company built 1 million members in a couple of years using this method. So, this works and should not be overlooked by any serious networker.
Look for free classified ad sites that offer low cost upgrades for premium or featured ads. These ads will show up at the top of any search, so you’ll get many times more traffic from them. We highly recommend using featured ads whenever you can!
If you’re selling anything online or if you have a network marketing organization that you’d like to build faster, you should consider the benefits or using free classified ad sites.
There are a couple of free classified ad sites that we recommend, which have huge daily traffic. Google likes to index them. They offer multiple free ads and will offer you low cost upgrades like premium or featured ads. You can find the listing below. Enjoy!
For a list of over 200 other recommended free classified ad sites, view the Free Ad Directory page.
Free classified advertising tips – Don’t make these mistakes!
Posted on June 23, 2013 by Diane Bjorling in Marketing strategies
Free classified advertising does work IF you know what you are doing, but many people are making the same mistakes over and over again!
Considering Adlandpro is a free ad website, I decided to take a bit of time to talk about the problems with many of the ads I am seeing being put on the different classified sites in the hopes that you will not make these same mistakes. After all, the point to putting an ad on a free or paid classified site is to be seen and taken seriously.
Free classified advertising can be a great way to expose your message or product to the world and the fact that hundreds of people flock to such places as Craigslist or Kijiji every day proves that classified advertising works very well but you need to stop making these mistakes!
Not creating a profile! Today, making a profile is easy and yet for some reason people still feel that they don’t need to do this – why? If you want people to buy from you or click on your ad, then it would help if you created a profile as it shows that you are a real person.
Creating an ad with no image. We all know how Pinterest is very popular, right? When you create an ad with a good image of your product, you can also put it on Pinterest or other places where images can be shown (nowadays that is just about everywhere you go). Food for thought!
Making claims! I have to tell you, this one drives me crazy. I have seen so many people say ”earn six figures” or “make a fortune” and all the other hype expressions so often, I’m unsure whether to laugh or be insulted. Reality check for everyone – when people read these kinds of claims, they run as fast as they can. Why? For the simple reason it is not realistic. It triggers doubt and disbelief in people. Maybe there was a time when this kind of “hype” would have worked, but nowadays people are very smart when it comes to advertising and they know how to check things out. Does this mean you should never make claims? To me you should only make claims IF you have facts and figures to back them up!
Only placing classifieds on big sites! Everyone seems to believe that you should use Craigslist or other big free classified sites to post an ad. Here is a little secret for you…the smaller free classified sites are gems that manage to get good search engine rankings. A great way to think about smaller free classifieds is finding that little diner that has awesome food and great service and you hope like heck no one discovers it. Don’t underestimate the power of the smaller free classified sites.
Now that I have told you my “pet peeves”, writing a good classified ad, like anything else you do as a marketer or affiliate marketer, is worth doing, but knowing how to make it work for you is something you need to learn about.
Does free online classified advertising work?
Posted on July 29, 2013 by Diane Bjorling in Adlandpro Topics
Am I talking about free online Classified advertising?
I sure am !
While many people will question the whole idea of posting an ad on a free online classified site, the fact is they do work and the proof is that people flock to free classified sites every day. People make sales every day, and many people are happy with what they are doing.
Oh…do I hear a “but its not working for me" ?
Then you need to step back for a moment and do your homework!
Here are 4 questions you need to ask yourself:
1. Did you describe your product or service accurately? I mean, if you talk all hype with no substance, then I can understand why no one is reading your advertisement. Do yourself a favor and close your eyes and pretend that the customer is right in the room with you looking at your item..then write as though they were there!
2. What is the value to your buyer? Remember number 1? Number two is really saying 'what is the REAL value to the person looking at the ad'? Will your product or service save them time or money..will it educate or help a person in some tangible way?
3. Did you optimize your ad with keywords? If your ad does not contain the keywords or keyword phrases, then how is anyone going to find the ad? It makes perfect sense when you think about it!
4. Are you targeting your buyers? Everyone and their mother will say to you..you need to target a prospect, but what the heck does that really mean? To me it means thinking about the type of people who are reading the advertisement. A good example is the daily newspaper tends to target real estate, the bargain shopper tends to focus on folks looking for bargains, and a lot of online classifieds are looking for a mixture of all of the above, as well as ways and means to make money. When you read the styles of ads on a free online classified site and you see what else the site has to offer, it will give you a good idea on the style of ad to write.
You will hear over and over again how you need to write a good headline..well its true! You really have to pack a punch in that headline thinking about who you are writing to. Here is a tool that might be of use to you when it comes to writing a good headline. It is called Emotional Marketing Value Headline Analyzer .
This free tool will analyze your headline to determine the Emotional Marketing Value (EMV) score. As you know, reaching your customers in an deep and emotional way is a key to successful copy writing, and your headline is unquestionably the most important piece of copy you use to reach prospects.
Your headline will be analyzed and scored based on the total number of EMV words it has in relation to the total number of words it contains. This will determine the EMV score of your headline.
Track your ads. If you want to put money down the drain then don’t worry about tracking, but if you are serious about what you are doing, then tracking your ads is very important!
Understanding these points will make a big difference in whether your online ads will succeed or not!
Now Adlandpro is not just a social site or business networking site, but it also has a way of posting free online classified ads. If you are looking for a free classified ad site , then you should take a look to see what Adlandpro is offering. I happen to know of many people who are using this site very successfully. One additional point to add is that scams and other such nefarious styles of advertising are seriously frowned on and removed!
12 More Tips To Help You Get More Sales From Classifieds - FREE PDF Download
Size : 300.71 Kb
Type : pdf
10 Tips on how to write a text ad
Posted on June 29, 2015 by Diane Bjorling in Advertising
Here are a few pointers on how to write a a text ad that will have you feeling less frustrated.
We all know that the trend of marketing today is focused on content marketing, having a social media strategy, and of course making sure that you have a responsive website that is mobile friendly .
While we need to learn these important skills, the reality is that we also need to know how to write a text ad as free online advertising sites are alive and well. Maybe more important than that, this form of marketing is very effective – if it is done right!
For many marketers , learning how to write a text ad is a challenge, it can be frustrating. Many people give up and I can’t blame them!
When you think about writing ads either for the big search engines ( Google, Yahoo and Bing) and the various free advertising sites such a Craigslist, Adlandpro, Kijiji, it is helpful to read and understand the guidelines as they will all be a bit different.
When it comes to knowing how to write a text ad then the acronym
is still one of the important core concepts to writing an ad that will create sales. I did write a post about AIDA Formula (see article below this one), that you should read as I go into a lot more detail on how to make this simple writing technique work for you.
Here are 10 Tips to writing a text ad:
1. If you are using a landing page then of course people are expecting certain content – Be sure that your ad delivers! Keep your promise.
2. I was talking to my daughter a while back about advertising (I’m looking to get another computer) and I was asking her which free online advertising venue was the best. She said something curious ” mom, the best free online ad place is Craigslist in these parts, for some reason the others don’t work as well” – who knew?
This got me thinking about audiences! You need to know who your audience is – so it may sound obvious, but write to your target audience. To me that means breaking the keywords into similar groups (themes) and then writing ads to those specific groups. Try highlighting something different for each group you post to.
3. When you write a good text ad, formatting is very important!
It may sound obvious, but you would be surprised by how many people forget this important factor.
Here is a good check list to help you with formatting:
– Use proper spelling (no abbreviations, please)
– Check your grammar! If you need help with this here is a tool that i was recently told about. A very useful tool called AutoCrit.
(While this particular tool is good for any content or fiction writer, I also tried it on a few ads and as long as there are 200 characters in the ad, you will get interesting results)
– Camel-Cap your words. What is camel capping you ask? – quite simply, it means capitalizing the first letter of each major word in a string of words. Obviously you want to avoid excessive capitalization or all caps
– Use the right punctuation. Typically, that means using the period, but never forget that using such punctuation as question marks or exclamation marks can be very useful in your ad copy.
4. Be sure to include pricing and promotions.
Understand that people go online to search for all kinds of things for different reasons including making a decision about something they might be wanting to buy or getting more information about a product or service. Give people what they need to make a good decision!
5. Instead of thinking of calls to action, when you write a text ad, think about how you are going to empower a potential customer to take action. It’s a different mind set, but one that I feel will have you thinking differently. So how can you empower a person to take an action? Use specific kinds of words such as “call me/ contact me”; “sign up”, or “try it for free”. If you are looking for other powerful ways to empower a person to take action, then I suggest that you read 50 Powerful Call To Action Phrases by Jessica Swanson.
6. Target those keywords! Remember that you are writing a text ad for a person! Be as specific as you possibly can when you write that text ad. Here is an example that might be of use. I want to find a place that sells samosas ( I happen to love samosas). How am I going to search for this? Would I type in something like ” East-Indian food in Maple Ridge” or would I type in ” Samosas in Maple Ridge”? I know for myself, I am going to type in words that have the best chance to get me to those samosas. The lesson here is to think of what a person is looking for and keep it relevant.
7. When you write a text ad, it is not necessary to use superlatives. I know that you want people to know that you have the “best” product in history or that you are number one (#1). Unless you can back those statements with facts and figures, don’t do it!
You want people to trust you, so keep your text ad real.
8. This may sound obvious, but please be sure to identify what the text ad is about. Translate identify the product or the company name. Adding to this I would also say, be sure that the display URL goes to the right place. For some odd reason people think they can trick others to click on a URL that will take them to some place where they really do not want to go and then expect to make a sale. I don”t get it personally. It sure will not help you get that sale and worse, people are not going to trust you, are they? Lesson learned – its just not worth deceiving people. Keep it clean and honest!
9. You are not writing on Facebook or any other social network, so keep the gimmicky use of numbers, letters, symbols etc out of the body of the text ad. Not only is it annoying to people, but in some cases this is a good way to have your text ad denied. It’s just not worth it!
10. An important consideration when you write a text ad is knowing how to track that ad.
There are many reasons for tracking your text ad and its not just paid text ads that you need to think about, but also for the free text ads or (dare I say your content marketing?) There are many places that you can learn about ad tracking (I typed in “learn how to track your ads" and trust me you will be shown all kinds of information about ad tracking).
While many people will think Google in learning how to track ads, I am also going to suggest a different company. It’s called ClixTac which is based on the freemium business model. I think for the new marketer, it is well worth the effort to check out their free service and of course, if you like it you can always upgrade.
On their free service this is what you will get:
Basically, while your account is free, each tracker will expire 7 days after it is created and will need to be replaced. All trackers are limited to 100 clicks each and banners will have a limit of 500 impressions. Upgrading to either a premium or professional account will remove those limitations and enable more features. Plus, any trackers that have already expired or reached a limitation will become live again.
The fact is, text ads are the simplest version of online advertising one can do, but understanding how to write a text ad needs serious thought. In turn, one creates advertising that will result in sales.
Free Online Classified Advertising | The AIDA Formula
Posted on August 19, 2013 by Diane Bjorling in Advertising
What do you think of when you hear the words “Free Online Classified Advertising”?
Does it send a thrill up your back or do you get the chills thinking about creating a free online classified ad?
While many people, especially those who are used to the soft sell of social media, say that free online classified advertising does not work. The fact is they do and they work very well IF you understand what you are doing.
While we use social media for many reasons such as entertainment, inspiration, or education, classified advertising is not for pleasure. People read free classifieds because they have an interest in something in particular and people have a preconceived idea of what they are looking for – in other words, they have a set goal or criteria in mind.
The purpose of any ad you write is not to sell anything, but to motivate the person reading to take the next step which is to contact you either in person or by going to your website. In many ways I liken a classified advertisement to creating an announcement telling people about what you are selling and because it is an immediate action, you can tell if it is working very quickly. The great thing about using free online classifieds is that if you are not getting the expected results, you can have it changed virtually overnight!
I would like to make a suggestion to you that will prove very helpful and that is to use the AIDA formula.
AIDA is an acronym for the formula used in creating powerful and effective marketing communications and is widely used in advertising as well.
AIDA stands for Awareness – Interest - Desire – Action
A – Attention (Awareness): in a free classified ad, it is the listing heading. You need to capture a prospect’s attention very quickly. Offer a benefit in the headline, use good images as part of your way to grab a person's attention, offer a discount, or give away free information.
I – Interest: raise customer interest by demonstrating features, advantages, and benefits. Remember, customers buy on benefits not on features. If you are selling a weight loss product you would state the price, the benefits of weight loss, and improved health by using such a product.
D – Desire: convince customers that they want and desire the product or service and that it will satisfy their needs. The best way to create that desire is to offer free bonuses, offer a no risk guarantee or with tangible items such as an automobile, a free test drive or auto inspection.
A – Action: lead customers towards taking a specific and measurable action. As with any form of marketing you want people to do something and you need to tell them what to do, so leaving it to chance is not going to be very workable. When you say to people “order now”, “click here”, “call [phone number] for a private consultation", these are time proven and effective calls to action. Make sure that you make it easy for people to contact you. Always provide an e-mail address, contact form, or feedback mechanism. After talking to some local people over the last few days, I have also heard that many people are not always trusting of the internet so be sure to offer an alternative way for people to contact you by listing your street address, telephone or land number and fax number.
Free online advertising is not rocket science, but it does take practice, hopefully this will help you in writing your next killer ad. Like anything in life, take what works and drop the rest.
Powered by Yola